| Jack Kaiser Stadium
Formerly known as The Ballpark at St. John's, Jack Kaiser Stadium was renamed in January 2007 and officially dedicated in honor of Hall of Fame coach John W. "Jack" Kaiser on May 5, 2007. The stadium was originally constructed in the spring of 2000 on the site of the former McCallen Field. The facility has seating for 3,500 spectators as well as a video board in centerfield, a press box, lighting and a new public address system.
In the winter of 2017-18, "The Jack" received a face lift, as the University sank more than $1,000,000 into the facility in order to provide the baseball program with state-of-the-art field turf. The artificial playing surface has helped make life as a Northeast baseball team a little bit easier, as early season snows and soaking spring rains no longer pose as much of a problem as in years past.
Kaiser, who currently serves as Athletic Director Emeritus, has been a part of the St. John's athletics family for more than 60 years dating back to his time as a baseball, basketball and soccer student-athlete in the late 1940's. Kaiser served as the head baseball coach from 1956-1973 and then went on to serve as the Director of Athletics from 1973-1995. Kaiser helped lead St. John's to the College World Series both as player and coach and has been one of the programs biggest supporters throughout his career.
An American Baseball Coaches Association (ABCA) and Atlantic Collegiate Baseball League (ACBL) Hall of Famer, Kaiser co-founded both the BIG EAST conference and ABCL. In commemoration of his many achievements and contributions, the BIG EAST Tournament Most Outstanding Player award is name in the Jack Kaiser Award.
All Time Home Records