Photos from the Red Storm's NCAA Clemson Regional opener against Vanderbilt on June 1, 2018
A two-year member of the Sooners, Ake made 83 appearances and 59 starts, primarily at second base. Ake saw a significant rise in production between his junior and senior seasons in Norman, bumping his batting average by nearly 30 points and more than doubling his output in hits, runs scored, RBIs, doubles and home runs. In addition to his accolades on the field, Ake was also named to the Big 12 All-Academic First Team in 2015.
Following the conclusion of his playing career, Ake stayed on with the Sooners as an undergraduate assistant for the 2016 campaign.
After beginning his collegiate career at the University of North Carolina, Ake transferred to Howard College in Big Spring, Texas, for his sophomore season, hitting .278 with 15 runs scored and 10 RBIs in 36 games.
A native of Readington, N.J., Ake graduated from Hunterdon Central High School as the program's all-time leader in hits and runs scored and led the team to a pair of state titles. Following his senior season, Ake was drafted in the 29th round, 882nd overall, by the New York Mets. Perfect Game rated Ake as the no. 4 player in his class in the state of New Jersey.
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1