McDermott Selected To BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll|
Feb. 22, 2016
QUEENS, N.Y. - After totaling a team-high six RBI in three games on Opening Weekend, redshirt freshman Aidan McDermott has been named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll.
McDermott batted .455 (5-for-11) with one double, one home run, six RBI and four runs scored in the first three games of his career. The rookie hit safely in all three games, registered two multi-hit efforts and added a team-high .818 slugging percentage.
In his collegiate-debut against Richmond (Feb. 19) on Opening Day, McDermott started and went 2-for-3 with an RBI double and two runs scored. The designated hitter/outfielder then went 1-for-2 with a run scored at UNCW (Feb. 20).
McDermott capped the weekend by launching his first-career home run as part of a career-high five-RBI day against Western Carolina (Feb. 21). McDermott finished 2-for-6 against the Catamounts en route to registering the first five-RBI effort by a Red Storm player since Troy Dixon accomplished the feat against Seton Hall on April 11, 2015.
A pair of Red Storm rookies currently rank atop the BIG EAST in RBI as McDermott (6) leads the league and Josh Shaw (5) ranks second.
St. John’s returns to action on Feb. 24 with a 3 p.m. midweek game at NC State.
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1