Parque Signs As Free Agent With St. Louis Cardinals|
March 19, 2013
QUEENS, N.Y. - Former St. John's standout and All-BIG EAST selection Jimmy Parque has signed as a free agent with the St. Louis Cardinals, as announced by the organization.
After beginning the 2012 season in the Pecos League with Las Cruces Vaqueros, Parque finished the year with the Rockford RiverHawks of the independent Frontier League. The outfielder batted .304 (21-for-69) with two doubles and seven RBI in 20 games after joining the RiverHawks, and batted .332 (97-for-292) with 20 doubles, nine home runs and 62 RBI in 65 games with Las Cruces.
A second team ABCA All-Northeast Region honoree and third team All-BIG EAST selection in 2009 in his first season at St. John's, Parque finished a two-year career with the Red Storm ranked seventh all-time with a .359 career average. The outfielder collected 180 hits in just 114 games and added 38 doubles, nine home runs, 108 RBI and 107 runs in his two seasons.
The outfielder racked up 98 hits in 2010 to set a new all-time single-season school-record and also ranks fifth all-time in the single-season books with 21 doubles (2010) and 61 RBI (2009).
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1