Galazin Earns BIG EAST Player Of The Week Accolades|
April 4, 2016
QUEENS, N.Y. - After helping St. John’s extend its winning streak to seven games with a 3-0 week, Jamie Galazin has been selected as the BIG EAST Player of the Week.
Galazin hit safely in all three games and registered two multi-hit performances on his way to a .462 (6-for-13) batting average. The sophomore had one double, one home run and three RBI, while adding five runs and three stolen bases in three attempts. Galazin posted a .533 on-base percentage and a .769 slugging percentage.
In midweek action against Wagner, Galazin went 3-for-4 with a double, one RBI and two runs scored. The outfielder then belted his first-career home run and finished 2-for-5 with two RBI and one run in the first of two games against NYIT. Galazin scored twice and went 1-for-4 in the second game against the Bears.
St. John’s returns to action on April 6 with a 3:30 p.m. road game against Columbia (ESPN3).
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1