Shaw Named Freshman All-American By Collegiate Baseball Newspaper|
June 8, 2016
QUEENS, N.Y. - Josh Shaw, the BIG EAST Freshman of the Year and a second team All-BIG EAST selection, has earned Louisville Slugger Freshman All-America accolades as selected by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.
Shaw, the ninth St. John’s player to earn Freshman All-America honors in the past 10 seasons, joins Michael Donadio (2014) as the second Red Storm player in the past three seasons to earn both BIG EAST Freshman of the Year and Freshman All-America honors .
One of just three Red Storm players to start all 55 games, Shaw batted .297 and finished the season ranked tied for second in the league with 42 RBI and ranked tied for sixth with 68 hits. The second baseman had 10 doubles, two home runs and 35 runs scored, while adding seven stolen bases in nine attempts. Shaw also led the league with nine sacrifice flies and posted a .985 fielding percentage.
Shaw registered a team-high 13 multi-RBI games and finished tied for the team-lead with 18 multi-hit efforts. The rookie also had a 16-game hitting streak, the longest by a Red Storm player this past season.
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1