Blankmeyer Announces Baseball Walk-On Tryouts Set For Sept. 19|
Aug. 30, 2012
QUEENS, N.Y. - Head baseball coach Ed Blankmeyer has announced that walk-on tryouts will be held for St. John's students at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 19 at Jack Kaiser Stadium. Interested students MUST first attend a mandatory meeting at 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 12 in Room B-03 on the basement level of Carnesecca Arena.
Students must attend the meeting, fulfill both BIG EAST and NCAA requirements and be cleared by both the St. John's compliance and sports medicine departments prior to the Sept. 19 tryout. Prior to the meeting, students should visit the above links or visit both the compliance and sports medicine offices in Carnesecca Arena to obtain necessary paperwork.
The 2012 St. John's baseball team advanced to its first-ever NCAA Super Regional and won its first NCAA Regional since 1980. The squad also won both the BIG EAST Tournament and regular season crowns in the same season for the first time in program history and finished 40-23, notching its sixth 40-win season in the past eight years. Jeremy Baltz and Matt Wessinger both earned All-America honors and were among five players selected in the MLB Draft, including four chosen in the top six rounds.
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1