Blankmeyer Announces Baseball Fall Alumni Day Set For Oct. 13|
Sept. 12, 2012
QUEENS, N.Y. - Head coach Ed Blankmeyer has announced the details for the St. John's baseball fall alumni game and reunion, which will be held on Saturday, Oct. 13. All proceeds from the event will directly benefit the St. John's baseball program.
The day-long schedule of events begins at 11 a.m. as the current Red Storm team takes the field at Kaiser Stadium for an intrasquad scrimmage. An alumni batting practice is scheduled for 1 p.m., while the alumni game will begin at 1:45 p.m. The event concludes with a 3 p.m. BBQ.
The cost of the event is $30 per person. Interested alumni should RSVP by Tuesday, Oct. 9 to Elizabeth Austin at 718-990-2548 or email@example.com.
St. John's advanced to its first-ever NCAA Super Regional in 2012 and won its first NCAA Regional since 1980. The squad also won both the BIG EAST Tournament and regular season crowns in the same season for the first time in program-history and finished 40-23, notching its sixth 40-win season in the past eight years. Jeremy Baltz and Matt Wessinger both earned All-America honors and were among five players selected in the MLB Draft, including four chosen in the top six rounds.
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Clemson 9, St. John's 8
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Highlights: St. John's 11, Morehead State 5
- Baseball: NCAA Regional Press Conference: Vanderbilt 2, St. John's 0
- Baseball: Highlights: St. John's 3, Butler 1