St. John's Takes Down DePaul 79-73 in Big East Matchup|
Jan. 01, 2017
ROSEMONT, Ill. (AP) Marcus LoVett scored 22 points and St. John's defeated DePaul 79-73 on Sunday to start 2-0 in Big East play for the first time since 2010-11.
The Red Storm (8-7, 2-0) followed up their win over No. 13 Butler by beating the Blue Demons (7-8, 0-2), who lost by three points to top-ranked Villanova in their Big East opener.
Eli Cain scored 18 points, including all of DePaul's in a 7-2 run to get the Blue Demons within 68-66 with 3:19 left but St. John's responded with its own 7-2 spurt capped by two Lovett free throws for a seven-point lead with 43 seconds remaining.
St. John's took the lead for good at 66-59 with 5 1/2 minutes left on a 7-0 run via Tariq Owens' 3-point play and four Williams free throws.
- 2018 Lou Carnesecca & Chris Mullin Golf Classic Recap
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77