POSTGAME QUOTES: St. John's vs. Villanova|
Feb. 13, 2016
St. John's Head Coach Chris Mullin...
On the game plan:
"We try and take open shots. Ideally, we'd like to do both [drive the ball and shoot 3s]. We love the 3-ball and we like getting to the free throw line off our drives, too. You have to take what's there. You can have a game plan, but you have to get in the game to see how things are going. I love the 3-ball, but it's really important to balance that out with posting up and driving the ball as well."
On Daniel Ochefu's impact:
"[Daniel Ochefu] is a big part of what they do. [Yankuba] Sima is just getting back in the lineup; he's not in shape to play big minutes. So we played small on [Ochefu] and he kind of had his way. [Villanova] has such good shooters so it was a trade off to take the 3-ball out of the game."
On the game:
"They're a veteran team and well-coached. Early we had some decent stops, but gave them offensive rebounds which killed us. Things like that add up. When you play the No. 1 team in the country, you almost have to play perfect."
On 3-point defense:
"I think a lot of it was [Villanova] just missed open shots. We played decent defense. The effort and energy was really good. I thought we did well in transition defense and that's really the biggest thing."
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 9