Red Storm Earns Road Victory Over DePaul|
Feb. 28, 2009
ROSEMONT, Ill. - Paris Horne and D.J. Kennedy scored 17 points each to lead visiting St. John's over DePaul, 84-63, at the Allstate Arena on Saturday. Dar Tucker scored a game-high 24 points to lead the Blue Demons, but the Red Storm shot a season-high .604 in the BIG EAST victory.
St. John's (14-15, 5-11 BIG EAST) led by as many as 11 points midway through the first half before a Mac Koshwal jumper with 2:15 left cut the deficit to 30-24. However, the Red Storm answered with an 8-3 run and went into halftime with a 38-27 lead.
St. John's led by as many as 30 in the second half as DePaul shot .418 from the field in the game. Rob Thomas finished with a career-high 14 points, as the Red Storm picked up its eighth road win in the Norm Roberts Era. For DePaul, Tucker finished with 24 points and six rebounds while Koshwal added an 11-point, 10-rebound double-double.
St. John's returns to The Garden on Tuesday, March 3, for the Red Storm's final home game vs. Georgetown (MSG, 7:30 p.m.).
- Men's Basketball: Press Conference: Delaware State 79, St. John's 72
- Men's Basketball: Postgame Recap: ODU 63, St. John's 55
- Men's Basketball: Highlights: VCU 75, St. John's 69
- Men's Basketball: Postgame Press Conference: VCU 75, St. John's 69
- Men's Basketball: Highlights: Michigan State 73, St. John's 62