St. John's Surges Past Siena, 77-68|
Nov. 27, 2009
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - D.J. Kennedy tied a career-high with 23 points to lead St. John's to a 77-68 victory over Siena in the Philly Hoop Group Classic on Friday night.
Kennedy shot 8-for-12 from the field while also adding six rebounds and five assists for the Red Storm, who are 4-0 for the second time in the Norm Roberts Era. Dwight Hardy also chipped in with 13 points.
After a layup from Siena's Ryan Rossiter cut the Red Storm lead to 52-51 with 9:44 remaining, St. John's went on a 10-2 run to take a 62-53 lead with 6:12 left in the game. The Red Storm would go on to lead by as many as 12 points after a free throw from Kennedy made the score 76-64 with 35 seconds remaining.
The Saints (3-2) were paced by Rossiter, who scored 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. Ronald Moore and Alex Franklin chipped in with 11 points apiece.
Paris Horne, Sean Evans and Justin Brownlee added nine points apiece for the Red Storm. St. John's shot 51.7 percent (30-for-58) from the field, scored 52 points in the paint and tied a season-high with 18 assists.
The Red Storm will conclude play in the Philly Hoop Group Classic at 8:30 p.m. on Nov. 28 against Temple.
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 9