St. John's Improves To 5-0 With 55-48 Win Against Temple|
Nov. 29, 2009
PHILADELPHIA (AP)-- D.J. Kennedy scored 15 points as St. John's beat Temple 55-48 in the finale of the Philly Hoop Group Classic on Saturday night.
Dwight Hardy added 11 points for the Red Storm (5-0). St. John's is off to its first 5-0 start since the 2002-03 season.
After trailing 22-21 at halftime, the Red Storm started the second half with a 13-2 run to take a 34-24 lead with 14:56 left in the game. Hardy had eight points during the run.
The Owls cut the lead to four after a dunk from Ramone Moore made the score 45-41 with 6:39 remaining, but Temple was outscored 14-3 the rest of the way, and was held scoreless for 5 minutes.
Temple (4-2) was led by Moore, who scored 10 points. Lavoy Allen and Rahlir Jefferson chipped in with nine points apiece.
The Red Storm was 20-for-30 from the free throw line, while the Owls shot only 15 free throws.
St. John's returns home to host Stony Brook at Carnesecca Arena at 7 p.m. on Dec. 2.
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 9