St. John's Falls to LIU Brooklyn 74-73|
Dec. 11, 2016
NEW YORK (AP) Iverson Fleming scored 21 points including the game-winning jumper with 25 seconds to play and LIU Brooklyn beat St. John's 74-73 on Sunday in the Brooklyn Hoops Winter Festival at Barclays Center.
Jerome Frink had 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Blackbirds (7-3), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Nura Zanna had 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Blackbirds, whose only lead over the final 7 minutes was on Fleming's jumper.
St. John's had chances at winning the game in the final seconds but the Red Storm turned it over twice and freshman Shamorie Ponds missed a foul line jumper at the buzzer.
Ponds led the Red Storm (5-6) with 18 points while senior Darien Williams tripled his previous career high with 15. St. John's had won three straight overall and five in a row in the series with LIU Brooklyn.
St. John's was without leading scorer Marcus LoVett (18.8) who missed his third straight game with a sprained right ankle.
- 2018 Lou Carnesecca & Chris Mullin Golf Classic Recap
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77