Sept. 6, 2017
QUEENS, N.Y. - The St. John's men's basketball team will hold walk-on tryouts this fall for those students interested in earning a shot to represent the Red Storm on the hardwood.
Prior to trying out, all potential walk-on athletes must attend the Compliance/Medical meeting on Wednesday, September 13 at 3 p.m. in the President's Lounge located inside Carnesecca Arena. Each potential walk-on also must ensure the following:
- You do not miss class to attend the men's basketball walk-on meeting.
- Your class schedule does not conflict with men's basketball practice times. Please note, men's basketball practices times are scheduled between 1pm-4pm (M-F). As per NCAA rules, you can never miss class to attend practice.
- You must be registered as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) pursuing a bachelor's degree at St. John's University.
- You must be within 5 years of your initial full time collegiate enrollment (NCAA DI - Five Year Clock rule).
- You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center.
- Attend the Men's Basketball walk on meeting on Wednesday, September 13 at 3 p.m. in the President's Lounge located inside Carnesecca Arena. At this meeting each prospective walk-on will complete required NCAA compliance paperwork.
- You receive both compliance and medical approval for the Men's Basketball tryout by the 12 p.m. deadline on Tuesday, September 26, 2017.
- Provided you receive both compliance and medical approval, you attend the Men's Basketball tryout on Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 6:30 a.m. in Taffner Field House.
Please be aware to gain medical clearance you will need to provide your health insurance card, St. John's University medical forms and proof of a physical exam (within the last 6 months from the men's basketball tryout date) to the Sports Medicine staff for review.
To register for the men's basketball walk-on meeting on Wednesday, September 13 at 3 p.m. in the President's Lounge, please email St. John's men's basketball graduate assistant Chris Huey at Christopher.Huey16@stjohns.edu with your first name, last name, X number and date of birth.