Keith Thomas Ruled Academically Ineligible|
Oct. 29, 2014
QUEENS, N.Y. - Keith Thomas has been ruled academically ineligible to compete for the St. John's men's basketball team during the 2014-15 season. The University has learned that Thomas does not meet the academic standards required by the NCAA for transfers.
"Academic integrity is treated very seriously at St. John's University and we are committed to maintaining high academic standards for all of our student-athletes," said Director of Athletics Chris Monasch. "Our athletic compliance office recently became aware of information that triggered an additional review of Thomas' academic credentials at Westchester Community College. Our assessment and decision are in accordance with University and NCAA policies."
"We share Keith's disappointment and as a basketball family will provide moral support during this challenging time in his life. Keith clearly has a bright future in basketball and is determined to ultimately further his education," said head coach Steve Lavin.
Thomas was a 2013-14 NJCAA All-American honorable mention at Westchester Community College. The 6-foot-8 forward from Mount Vernon, N.Y. led all Division I junior college players with 15.7 rebounds per game and averaged 15.3 points in 32 appearances.
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 9