Vote For The St. John's All-Century Team
One of the storied programs in the history of men's collegiate basketball, St. John's entered the 2007-08 season as the seventh all-time winningest program in the NCAA Division I record book with 1,659 wins and 831 losses. The school's .666 winning percentage ranks ninth all-time in NCAA history, while St. John's 26 all-time NCAA Tournament appearances ties for 13th. The program's 26 NIT appearances and five titles are also unprecedented. Helms Foundation national champions following the 1910-11 season, St. John's appeared in NCAA Final Fours in 1952 and 1985. The program boasts 11 consensus All-Americans, 59 NBA Draft choices and 43 players that have scored 1,000 career points or more.
Red Storm basketball fans had the opportunity to be a part of hardwood history by voting for the St. John's All-Century team. The 25-man squad will be announced and honored this spring. Fans could vote for two players from "The Early Years" (1907-08 to 1939-40), 11 players from "Classic Times" (1940-41 to 1972-73), and 12 players from "The Modern Era" (1973-74 to 2006-07).
Voting took place from Jan. 11 to March 15.
"The Early Years" - 1907-08 to 1939-40 - Vote for 2
"Classic Times" - 1940-41 to 1972-73 - Vote for 11
"The Modern Era" - 1973-74 to 2006-07 - Vote for 12
- 2018 Lou Carnesecca & Chris Mullin Golf Classic Recap
- Basketball: Red Storm Report (2018) - Episode 10
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: Xavier 88, St. John's 60
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Highlights: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77
- Men's Basketball: BIG EAST Tournament Press Conference: St. John's 88, Georgetown 77