April 28, 2017
• Follow St. John’s Lacrosse on Twitter
• #SJULAX Game Notes
• #SJULAX Record Book
• Live Broadcast
• Live Stats
QUEENS, N.Y. – The St. John’s men’s lacrosse team (1-12, 0-4 BIG EAST) travels to Washington, D.C., this weekend to close out the regular season against BIG EAST conference opponent Georgetown on Saturday, April 29, at Cooper Field in Washington D.C, at noon.
St. John’s and Georgetown both look to capture their first BIG EAST win of the season as they battle it out one last time in the regular season.
Updates will be provided throughout the game on Twitter by following the handle @StJohnsLax.
SERIES HISTORY: ST. JOHN’S VS. GEORGETOWN
• The Hoyas lead the all-time series 13-4 against St. John’s, with the Red Storm winning three out of the last five meetings.
• The last time these two teams met at Cooper Field was in 2015 as Georgetown came out on top with a 13-10 victory.
• St. John’s has scored in the double-digits in four out of the last five meetings with the Hoyas.
LAST TIME OUT: ST. JOHN’S FALLS TO NO. 18/18 VILLANOVA, 18-3
• The St. John’s men’s lacrosse team (1-12, 0-3 BIG EAST) took on its seventh ranked opponent of the year in a wet and rainy contest against the No. 18/18 Villanova Wildcats (8-5, 3-1 BIG EAST) on Saturday afternoon. The Red Storm fell, 18-3 to the No. 9-ranked offense in NCAA Division l lacrosse at Villanova Stadium in Villanova, Pa.
• Two-time BIG EAST Freshman of the Week Joe Madsen netted his team-leading 19th goal of the year, bringing his 2017 point total to 24.
• Madsen’s counterparts on the starting attack line, Colin Duffy and Jason DeBenedictis each found the back of the net once in the contest. TJ Marron and Jack McClellan added assists.
• Daniel Costa played the entire 60:00 in goal, and saved 12-of-30 shots on net for a .400 save percentage.
• Justin Corpolongo and Paul Tornatore split time at the faceoff X, as the pair won a combined 12-of-25.
SCOUTING THE HOYAS
• The Georgetown Hoyas (3-10, 0-4 BIG EAST) look to end the season on a high note, and come off a win against Mount St. Mary’s 11-9 in their last non-conference meeting of the season.
• Redshirt junior attackman Peter Conley was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll after scoring three goals and picking up two assists against Mount St. Mary’s. The victory marked his eighth multi-goal game of the season and his third career hat trick.
• The Hoyas are led by sophomore attackman Daniel Bucaro as he ranks No. 12 in NCAA men’s lacrosse with 37 goals in 13 games averaging 2.85 goals per game. The 2016 BIG EAST Freshman of the Year has earned BIG EAST Honor Roll mentions three times this season along with a Player of the Week honor in February.
Keep up with Red Storm lacrosse all season long at RedStormSports.com and on Twitter by following @StJohnsLax and using the hashtag “#SJULAX.”
The Last Meeting
April 30, 2016
St. John's Closes Out 2016 Campaign With, 8-5, Victory Over BIG EAST Rival Georgetown
The St. John's men's lacrosse team (2-12, 1-4 BIG EAST) closed out its 2016 campaign with an, 8-5, victory over BIG EAST foe Georgetown (2-12, 1-4 BIG EAST) on Saturday afternoon. Harry Burke helped guide the Red Storm to victory by stifling the Hoyas attack with a career-high 15-save game as St. John's led throughout the entire contest.