Postgame Notes: ST. JOHN'S 55 MARQUETTE 63|
Jan. 15, 2012
- St. John's tied a season-high with 36 points in the paint. The Red Storm outscored the Golden Eagles 36-30 on points in the paint.
- The game featured eleven lead changes and five ties. In last year's 55-52 loss at Marquette on Feb. 5, 2011, there were 14 lead changes and seven diffrent ties.
- St. John's forced 23 turnovers and outscored Marquette 19-16 in points off turnovers. It was the second consecutive BIG EAST game that St. John's forced at least 20 turnovers.
- Junior Eugeneia McPherson finished with 10 points, which marks the 13th-consecutive game she reached double figures.
- Junior Shenneika Smith led the team with 13 points and added thirteen rebounds. It was the sixth time she has led the team in scoring this season. STJ is now 4-2 in those games.
- Smith now has 1,044 points for her career moving her up to fifteenth on the all-time St. John's women's basketball scoring list.
- Junior Nadirah McKenith recorded her eighth double-digit scoring effort of the season.
- McKenith added seven assists making her career total 362. It was her fourth consecutive game with at least five assists.
- Senior Da'Shena Stevens posted a solid all-around effort with eight points, seven rebounds and five assists.