Dec. 14, 2013
Recap | Box Score | Quotes | Photo Gallery
- St. John's scored 18 points off 12 Drexel turnovers and outscored the Dragons 11-4 on second chance points.
- In the first half, the Red Storm used a 13-2 run to go up 24-15 after being down 8-0 to start the game.
- The Red Storm shot 78 percent from the free throw line in the first half, its highest clip from the charity stripe in the first half this season. For the game, St. John's shot at an 82.8 percent clip from the free throw line.
- The loss to the Dragons was only the Red Storm's second loss in the six-year history of the St. John's Chartwell's Holiday Classic. St. John's last defeat was on Dec. 12, 2012 when the Red Storm fell on a last second layup in overtime against No. 14/17 UCLA, 53-52.
- Senior guard Eugeneia McPherson, who missed all but five games last season due to a knee injury, made her first appearance of the season in the first half. She finished the game with nine points, two assists and two rebounds while shooting a perfect 4-of-4 from the free throw line.
- Freshman forward Jade Walker put up a career-high six points while also pulling down a career-high in rebounds with four.
- Senior guard Keylantra Langley was only one point shy of tying her career-high in points with 16 that was set on Jan. 12 against Seton Hall. Langley finished with 15 points on career-high 3-of-5 shooting from behind the arc.
- McPherson recorded two blocks in the first half which tied her career-high.