McPherson Tabs Third BIG EAST Weekly Award|
Jan. 23, 2012
QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's women's basketball junior guard Eugeneia McPherson was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll on Monday for the third time this season as she led the Red Storm in scoring in another successful week.
McPherson led St. John's in scoring with 17 points in an upset over then-No. 7/8 Rutgers on Jan. 17. She shot 11-for-13 at the free throw line and added three assists and a steal in the victory. The second win against a top 15 opponent at home helped St. John's earn eight votes in Monday's Associated Press Poll.
Against Cincinnati, McPherson extended her double-digit scoring spree to 15 games as she tallied 10 in the victory over the Bearcats (Jan. 21). The last time the North Babylon, N.Y., native had less than 10 points was against Iowa at the Junkanoo Jam on Nov. 25.
McPherson averaged 13.5 points per game in the 2-0 week for the Red Storm and continues to lead St. John's in scoring with 14.2 ppg. She is No. 15 in the BIG EAST in scoring and tied for No. 12 in 3-point field goal percentage (.364). She is also fifth in the league in minutes played (34.1 per game).
The junior guard has been named to the league honor roll three times this season.
McPherson and the Red Storm will be back in action on Saturday as St. John's hosts No. 2 Notre Dame on Saturday, Jan. 28. The Red Storm and Fighting Irish will tip off at noon in a live televised game on Sports Net New York.
- Women's Basketball: Five Year Highlight
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 62, Harvard 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 62, Sacred Heart 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)