Pack The House Designated For Women's Game On Saturday|
Feb. 6, 2008
QUEENS, N.Y. - The St. John's Athletic Department will compete in the NCAA sponsored "Pack the House" Challenge in its women's basketball game against Villanova on Saturday. The game is slated to begin at 2:30 p.m.
The goal of the program is for each participating school to set a women's basketball attendance record. The NCAA will select 32 winning institutions (one from each of the 31 Division I conferences and one independent) based on creative marketing strategies and sellouts, or the largest percentage increase from the previous year's single-game record attendance.
As part of the efforts to promote the event, the St. John's Athletic Department has designated the game as "$1 Night," with tickets, as well as select food and merchandise items being offered for just a dollar. In addition, all fans in attendance at the St. John's men's game vs. Providence at noon on Saturday are invited to attend the women's game free of charge.
There will be several giveaways during the game, including a Sabatino's Pizza Giveaway and T-shirt toss. Students are being encouraged to attend the game with an "Empty the Residence Halls" Contest, where each floor of the residence halls will compete against each other to get the most students to the game, with the winning floor being rewarded a prize.
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 62, Harvard 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 62, Sacred Heart 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: Press Conference: St. John's 56, Villanova 40