Wright And McLean Earn All-Met Second Team Accolades|
April 15, 2008
QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's women's basketball players Kia Wright and Monique McLean have been named to the Met Basketball Writers Association (MBWA) second team, as announced by the organization on Tuesday. The players will receive their honor on Thursday evening at Giants Stadium Club in East Rutherford, N.J.
Wright concludes her storied career at St. John's earning her fourth straight All-Met award. The Copiague, N.Y., native averaged 12.2 points per game and 4.1 rebounds, ranking second and third on the team, respectively. After battling back from an injury earlier in the year, she went on to lead the team with 4.2 assists per game and posted 19 double-figure scoring contests. Wright finishes her illustrious career at St. John's ranked in 11 career categories, including finishing fourth on the all-time scoring list with 1,536 points, while holding the free throw record of 437. In addition, she is the only player in Red Storm history to record over 1,500 points and 400 assists.
McLean earns her first All-Met honor. The junior led the team in scoring, averaging 14.7 points, and finished second in rebounding, grabbing 5.4 per contest. She recorded 26 double-figure scoring games, including eight 20-point contests, and paced the way in the points column in 19 outings. This season she became the 16th player in St. John's history to score 1,000 points and now sits at 1,105. The Newport News, Va., native was named to the BIG EAST honor roll three times this season and was the MBWA Player of the Week on Feb. 4.
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 62, Harvard 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 62, Sacred Heart 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: Press Conference: St. John's 56, Villanova 40