Joe Tartamella Participates in Frank Catalanotto Foundation Celebrity Softball Game|
Aug. 3, 2015
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. -
St. John’s Women’s Basketball Head Coach Joe Tartamella took part in a star-studded affair on Sunday morning, lacing up his cleats for the Frank Catalanotto Foundation vs. Boomer and Carton All-Stars Celebrity Softball Game at Bethpage Ballpark in Central Islip, N.Y..
The game, held at the home of the Long Island Ducks, was a relative pitchers’ duel before a tumultuous final inning. The Boomer and Carton All-Stars broke a deadlock in the top of the inning to take a one-run lead into the final frame. But The Frank Catalanotto Foundation team came through in the home half, winning the game on a walk-off single.
Tartamella, a former high school baseball standout on Long Island and teammate of Frank’s brother Michael Catalanotto, impressed on the diamond, recording numerous putouts in right field and lacing a single down the left field line.
Players and staff from the women’s basketball team were also in attendance at the ballpark.
Proceeds from the contest benefitted the Vascular Birthmark Foundation. To learn more about the organization or to make a donation, click here.
- Women's Basketball: Press Conference: St. John's 65, Duquesne 52
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 65, Duquesne 52
- Women's Basketball: Press Conference: St. John's 53, Penn 48
- Women's Basketball: Highlights: St. John's 53, Penn 48
- Women's Basketball: Press Conference: St. John's 68, Marist 47