Da'Shena Stevens Named To BIG EAST Honor Roll|
Dec. 7, 2009
QUEENS, N.Y. - St. John's women's basketball player Da'Shena Stevens was named to the BIG EAST Honor Roll, as announced by the league office on Monday.
Stevens led the Red Storm to a 2-1 record on the week, and averaged 14.0 points, 7.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 1.7 blocks and 26.7 minutes. She tied for the team high in scoring and paced the team in rebounding and in total blocks (5).
The sophomore had one of the best performances of her career against No. 4/4 North Carolina on Sunday, recording a double-double and leading all players with 25 points and 13 rebounds. Her 25 points scored were the most by a player this season against the Tar Heels, and it was her season high. Additionally, the 13-rebound performance tied her career best. Stevens played a game-high 34 minutes of action and led all players with three blocks against UNC.
In the team's win over Columbia on Friday, Stevens scored seven second-half points to finish the contest with 10. She filled up the stat sheet with four rebounds, one assist, two blocks and one steal. In the Red Storm's win over Stetson on Tuesday, Stevens surpassed the 500-point plateau with seven points in the game.
The Red Storm (7-1) will return to action on Thursday when it hosts LIU at 7 p.m.
- Women's Basketball: Meet SJUWBB's Newcomers
- Women's Basketball: Five Year Highlight
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 62, Harvard 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Highlights: St. John's 62, Sacred Heart 57 (Mar. 19, 2017)
- Women's Basketball: WNIT Press Conference: St. John's 72, Sacred Heart 43 (Mar. 17, 2017)