St. John's to Play at Marquette on Sunday|
Sept. 30, 2016
Watch on BEDN
St. John's Game Notes
Marquette Game Notes
MILWAUKEE - After a scoreless draw with the defending BIG EAST champs, Butler, the Red Storm women's soccer team heads to Milwaukee to take on the Golden Eagles in a conference tilt.
• Two-time BIG EAST Goalkeeper of the Year Diana Poulin continues to shine in net. After making a season-best six saves in the draw with Butler, the senior's goals-against average is 0.255, while her save percentage has risen to .917. Poulin's goals-against average ranks fourth in Division I, while her save percentage is fifth. Poulin's eight shutouts are tied for first in the country and she is just four clean sheets away from tying the St. John's career record of 32 set by Kristin Russell.
• As a team, the Red Storm's 0.334 goals-against average ranks fourth in the nation. The Johnnies have shutout eight of their 11 opponents this season.
• The Red Storm's sophomore class has been a driving force for the team this season, recording nine of the squad's 15 goals.
• The Golden Eagles are coming off a 2-1 victory over Seton Hall on Thursday in BIG EAST action.
• Marquette improved to 5-5-2 overall and 1-1-0 in BIG EAST play with the win.
• Molly Pfeiffer leads the Golden Eagles with 11 total points in 12 games. Her 11 points and four goals have her tied for 10th in the BIG EAST in both of those categories.
• Marquette has outscored opponents 10-8 in the first half, but has been outscored 10-7 in the second half.
ST. JOHN'S VS. MARQUETTE - THE SERIES
• Overall, the Red Storm is 1-10-1 against the Golden Eagles with its first win coming last season.