Red Storm Falls To No. 69 Princeton, 7-0|
Feb. 1, 2014
PRINCETON, N.J.– The St. John’s women’s tennis fell in its upset bid of No. 69 Princeton on Saturday afternoon in the Garden State for the Red Storm’s first loss of the 2014 season.
After the 5-2 win over Fairfield on Jan. 24 for the St. John’s first win of the spring campaign, the Red Storm (1-1, 0-0 BIG EAST) could not trump the Tigers, a squad that faced No. 1 Stanford prior to its match against SJU, in singles or doubles
Saturday’s matchup with Princeton was the Red Storm’s first of four matches against ranked opponents this season. St. John’s is scheduled to meet No. 56 Tulane on March 1, No. 62 South Florida on March 7 and No. 32 Yale on March 23. All matches against the opponents ranked in the ITA top 75 will be played on the road.
The Red Storm will be back on the courts on Friday, Feb. 7 when St. John’s travels to BIG EAST rival Georgetown for the first conference match of the season at 11 a.m. To stay up to date with everything St. John’s women’s tennis, including Saturday’s match against the Tigers, be sure to track the squad on Twitter by following the new handle @StJohnsTennis. Use the hashtag and #SJUWT to join the conversation.
Princeton 7, St. John's 0
1. Lindsay Graff (PRIN) def. Khrystyna Pavlyuk (SJU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Amanda Muliawan (PRIN) def. Nastya Polyakova (SJU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Alanna Wolff (PRIN) def. Anna Morozova (SJU) 6-0, 6-3
4. Emily Hahn (PRIN) def. Diamond Adams (SJU) 6-1, 6-4
5. Katie Goepel (PRIN) def. Yanita Arnaudova (SJU) 6-0, 6-2
6. Caroline Joyce (PRIN) def. Puck Vlaskamp (SJU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Lindsay Graff/Amanda Muliawan (PRIN) def. Khrystyna Pavlyuk/Diamond Adams (SJU) 3-2
2. Alanna Wolff/Katie Goepel (PRIN) def. Yanita Arnaudova/Anna Morozova (SJU) 6-3
3. Dorothy Tang/Caroline Joyce (PRIN) def. Stephanie Elgegren/Nastya Polyakova (SJU) 6-2
St. John's 1-1, 0-0 BIG EAST
Princeton 2-1, 0-0 IVY